Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Another dinner I like to have

Everyday eating rice is so boring. Once a while, I will cook kueh tiaw mee soup for dinner. Added with lots of ingredients, it is just so yummilicious to goes with own cook soup base. Normally, when I have this for dinner, I will cook red bean soup to accompany with it as well. Yesterday, left over a lot and I got to finish it later during lunch.

Here is a simple guide on how to make it. For soup base, I boil it with ikan bilis, fish bone, prawn head, garlic, chicken meat and pork balls. Add bit of salt, pepper and sugar for better taste. Drain away all the soup base ingredients before it served.

For ingredients, I have chicken slices and pork ball (bring up after boil for soup), prawn, vege and a bit scallions. The kueh tiaw I bought those for eating with soup. The hawker says is Ipoh kueh tiaw worr. It is more smooth and soft. Mee hoon (rice vermicelli) add a little bit.

Soak mee hoon till it soft. Heat up a wok of hot water, cook the vege first, put aside. Cook mee hoon, drain up, put aside and lastly hot water to heat the kuek tiaw. No need to be cook long in hot water, just make it hot only else it'll break easily when you eat. Finally, put everything you have in a big bowl and serve with hot soup...ahh...nothing taste so good then eating at home.

Simple dinner.....

4 comments:

Amidrin said...

Wow! I am sure it tasted pretty good. You used so many flavourful ingredient for your soup base. If the soup base is thick it will look more like Cantonese Fried Noodle...

Anonymous said...

I can cook very well too...
But where to buy fish bone and prawn head??

Chinneeq said...

sometimes it is convenient to have smething this light too :)

Lemonjude said...

amidrin: Everything just little bit only, so still taste light.

sean: U notice I got prawn there. Big prawn actually and fish bone which I have remove the meat for my son, so mother each bone la..haha..

scotty: Noted.

mummy to qiqi: yeah, light dinner can taste so good sometimes.