Thanks Slavemom, my good friend Mummy Moon and later from Vivian Choo for this breast cancer awareness tag in reminder to each other to "go Pink" for the month of October. Let us woman be more aware of this "killing" sickness and learn to check our breast often.
* One in eight women or 12.6% of all women will get breast cancer in her lifetime.
* Breast cancer risk increases with age and every woman is at risk.
* Every 13 minutes a woman dies of breast cancer.
* Seventy-seven percent of women with breast cancer are over 50.
* Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in women between the ages of 15 and 54, and the second cause of cancer death in women 55 to 74.
* Risks for breast cancer include a family history, atypical hyperplasia, early menstruation (before age 12), late menopause (after age 55), current use or use in the last ten years of oral contraceptives, and daily consumption of alcohol.
* Early detection of breast cancer, through monthly breast self-exam and particularly yearly mammography after age 40, offers the best chance for survival.Above facts taken from Women’s Health Organisation Forum.
Here are the rules:-
1. Put the logo in your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who shared it with you.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Add your link to the list of participants below
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.
1- Fara 2- Massy 3- N.O.Y 4- Mariuca 5- A Great Pleasure 6- LadyJava 7- Kim 8- Pink Thoughts 9- Turn-u-Off 10- Roxiticus Desperate Housewives 11- STAY AT HOME MOM 12- Fida Abbott 13- Also Mommy 14- Janice Ng 15- Juliana’s Site 16- The Painted Veil 17 - Thots N Tales 18- Anything Lah! 19- Slavery Bliss 20- mummy moon 21- Lemonjude 22- YOU Next!
Pass this awareness tag to
4. Baby Darren
5. Mummy Yiau
6. Vivian, Sze & Noami