Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Met an inconsiderate ward neighbor

Yesterday there was this hot water burn baby girl 1 year old (mum vietnamese, dad US) stay beside us in a 2 bedded room. The mum can speak cantonese, mandrin and good slang of English.
As she and her baby back from OT, the baby cried badly and my dad who was here visiting us take a peek on them behind the curtain. Later, this fussy woman chase my dad out the room immediatedly without a word of PLEASE. Ok, fine my dad left. At night you know what she want, she ask us to switch off all the light above the bed. The light is not actually that bright too, as we already cover it with a towel. The lighting is quite of dime already. I can see her baby was no problem sleeping with the light on, she was the one can't sleep with light on even it is a dime one.
You know, we as adult as long as making the sick kid adapt, what so big issue is there for you not able to sleep. You were not here for holiday. We slept at 10pm, in between 1.5 hrs time she called the nurse for 3 times ask me to switch off the light. She said the light shouldn't be on while sleeping. It is very dark if were to off all and the corridor lighting is not bright enough to shine into our bed area. My boy was taking 2 drips and I got to stay awake to make sure he sleep well and all stuff. When the nurse came to me I just refuse to do so and she was so disturbing my sleep. She even so daring and ask us to change room on the 4th time message down to me by the head of nurse. Why not since she so fussy change to single room la..the head of nurse also talk to her in a stern tone for she can't have all lights off. The 5th time, finally she came to me and ask for it. I told her in an unpleasent tone for all the reason why I not want to do so. I even ask her to read the rules and regulation stick on the wall. It was stated there not to switch off the head light at night. *padan muka*
Finally, she went away and slept in a single room in adult ward. The whole ward also know the incident this morning and just now a cleaner told us she have discharge. What an inconsiderate ppl.

9 comments:

LHS said...

OMG..can really have this sort of thick muka lady...

How is Terry? Judy, you take good care too...

Anonymous said...

I didn't know the rule about not switching off the lights at the bed also. Luckily you did, and padan her muka *keke*... fussy people ought to get a simgle room la...

How is Terry doing?

Yatie said...

good job judy.... padan muka.... maybe she thought her hubby mat salleh can do anything la.......

Annie Q said...

aiyer! What a inconsiderate lady!!! Padan muka dia, kena from u..hahahhahaha

Terry getting better now??

L'abeille said...

Woah, reading your latest post about this Viet lady makes my blood boil.

How's Terry? Is he getting better?

Vickylow said...

Yalah how can off the light. The woman really annoying.

Debbie Y said...

U must be very tired taking care of Terry n at the same time to have this kind of fussy ppl as ward neighbour.

Thanks god, she left!!

Anonymous said...

I could have slapped her!! So inconsiderate. Luckily she didn't wake Terry. Take care dear.

Amidrin said...

OMG... what a horrible person that woman is. She should behave like a mature adult. It's a public sharing ward room. And she's being such a baby for making a big fuss about the lighting. I cannot tolerate this kind of person.