Monday, June 14, 2010

4th Birthday at kindy

Back dated post @ 20th May 2010, Thursday

This year birthday could be the first extraordinary one for him, I planned the party to be on at school with his classmates and teachers. I was thought that I won’t be able to make it since I just started to work (also try not to take leave if nothing in emergency). Anyway, I'm so glad that I manage to do all the preparation and gave him a party there. This is also his 1st time birthday without us around.

When I asked the boy what birthday cake he wants, need not to guess he wants Thomas cake. I went look into his sticker book to search for an appropriate Thomas picture then sent it to King Confectionery. I choose Chocolate Lady cake (1kg) as it is simply fit kid's taste. I placed the cake order 3 days before the actual day and collect it on the birthday morning itself, then directly sent it to school.

As for the party packs, I prepared 24 sets to be given away for his class only. No hard time in getting the material and ingredients. I got to pack that after the boy sleep at night, else he will ask to open for everything. He was so looking forward for it, as he has been asking where is his Thomas cake since the day placed order and also happy counting the party packs.

The night before birthday, we prepared 2 birthday gifts for him, one from me and another one from hubby. He was so excited too and wanted to open. After some talk to him that to unwrap the presents next day on actual day, I was so surprise that he got convinced and wait till the next day.

That birthday morning, cake, party packs and also camera I pass it to his class teacher and let her settle for me. The party took place during the snack time. So here, let the picture speaks.


The principal is too kind enough, gave him another set of present which he already got it a month ago. At night, he happily unwrap his pressie all by himself and wu-wa there...so excited. Before this he used to ask me to unwrap everything.

Thomas Storybook set from bookdepository and programmable robot.

He so much of a big boy now, no longer want me to feed that much. He can eat all by himself. He able to grab the spoon and fork well and eat in a tidy way. Eating out now is such a bliss moment. Since he can eat on his own, he starts getting picky - dislike any greens. He will pick out and shift aside the green. His all time favourite is meat, egg, fishball, fried food, banana and orange. I'm getting headache to get him eat greens and more fruits. Besides that, he also slowly shows his indepandent since after attending daycare and get to learn a lot better - singing, talking, love to read and write and etc. So far I didn't regret for the decision to come out to work and sending him to daycare.

At night after back home, sometimes he is alright if he not watch TV. But normally I will still switch on his favourite channel. Since kindy no TV and there is only 3 hours left at home before sleep, so it is ok, kids need this daily dose of cartoon time. I give the full freedom to him to watch whatever he wants. During the weekend, he is not that glue to the telly like last time which he can play a same VCD for more than 5 times a day. Finally for my part, the last challenging mission to complete is to train him diaperless at night.

8 comments:

Mummy Gwen said...

Happy Belated Birthday To Terry! That's wonderful celebrating his birthday at kindy. I can see he has grown up alot now.

I'm so happy to hear his more independent now. Bravo Terry. Good Luck in weaning him off the diapers. :) Gwen has a long way to go..haha.

smallkucing said...

Happy belated birthday :D

wow...so many friends celebrated with him. Sure very happy punya

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Terry becoming handsome and more handsome:-)

Oo, you are not a SAHM anymore?
Anyway, it is nice to hear that you are now a working lady:-)

Happy Belated Birthday to Terry.

uLi.佑莉 said...

Happy Belated Birthday Terry! The cake so nice :)

ChloeRuoyi said...

Happy (very belated) birthday to Terry! His celebration is considered very complete... got cake, got party and friends to celebrate with, got goodie bags and presents! :)

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

What a great celebration!!! I hope Terry enjoyed it?
P/S: Where did you get the jungle-themed party packs from? They are so colourful!!

Chinneeq said...

Happy belated birthday to Terry!

i just did an edible image for my son's birthday with the Thomas and friends pic. To be frank, I think those jelly drawn pics like Terry's cake is even more prettier and livelier!! A bit regret now....

slavemom said...

His Thomas cake is vy nice n colourful. Terry had a great celebration in kindy.